If you are what you say you are
Then have no fear
The camera's here
and the microphones and they wanna know
- Lupe Fiasco, Superstar
So it was another busy day at Roland Garros which means, aside from the big news like the grounding of Tomas Berdych, there were a bunch of small but still interesting tidbits floating around:
- Three American teens had a rough go of it today - all lost their matches - but it made from some money quotes: Christina McHale " I feel like where my ranking is now is where I should be."; Coco Vandeweghe "
- Aravane Rezai talked about her struggle to find peace of mind amidst the issues with her father: "Every single day, it’s a fight against myself."
- Ryan Harrison will fill the role of lucky loser after Benjamin Becker withdrew last minute with an injury late Monday. He'll face Robin Soderling.
- A petulant Michael Llodra throws a tennis ball at a security guard in the stands then argues with chair ump Mohamed El Jennati telling him, "We are not in a souq, we are not selling carpets in a market." Yuck.
- Roger Federer is feeling frustrated by the balls. No comment.
- Caroline Wozniacki was working the same Tennis Ruffle Dress from Indian Wells + Miami. What gives Stella??
[Photo(s): Getty Images]