official commercial for their international image campaign I previewed last month starring a soaking wet Roger Federer and shot by Jordan Scott.
- Maria Sharapova is interviewed in the June edition of O Magazine in a feature called 'My Best Life'. Apparently she discusses the joys of karaoke. Can someone please get her in the French Open karaoke box please? I'm sure it'll be an instant classic.
- Andy Roddick ain't happy with the ATP. He and doubs partner Mardy Fish were docked $42,800 - the prize money they made for reaching the final in Rome - after the former U.S. Open champ pulled out with an injured shoulder. Here's a bit of what he said about the incident: "We're going to have to beg for the money we've earned. Why should Mardy be punished when I can't play? Mardy has played the (semifinal) match, he won the match, he earned the money, you can't take away something he has already done. This is embarrassing for the tour."
here you go: The sexy Russian is interviewed and featured in a pretty good looking photo spread for the May 2011 issue of InStyle Russia. Did I mention I drool for a SexGawd in stripes? I do, it's true.
- While we're on the topic of Safin, little sister Dinara has put her tennis career on hold indefinitely to deal with her never-ending injury issues. Sad news for the former top lady baller. Be well.
- Double OMG. Feliciano Lopez was caught in the act! And then he wasn't. WHATEVAH pretty boy.
- As we all know, Serena Williams isn't competing next week at Roland Garros due to her continued recovery from the pulmonary embolism she suffered recently. Her absence will def be a blow to the fashion meter at the tourney. But FEAR NOT! Here's a look at what she would've worn has she made it to Paris. Click here to check out what a few of the other Nike ballers will be wearing.
- Tennis Channel will be streaming French Open matches live and on-demand again this year via their website. Those fans with AT&T U-verse®, Comcast or DIRECTV will have the added bonus of viewing matches from Philippe Chatrier Court in 3-D during Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30. Love it.
- Never one to shy away from ANY spotlight the undefeated Novak Djokovic hit the catwalk at the Cannes Film Festival's Fashion for Relief benefiting Japan. Not sure who he's wearing but I've seen him in better outfits on a runway. Check out the pics here and some video footage here. (Thanks for the tip OnTheGoTennis!)
- Vienna tourney Tennis Trophy has lost its main sponsor, Bank Austria. TD Herwig Straka is hoping to announce a new main sponsor shortly. The CEO of Bank Austria explained the decision saying the tourney venue announced a sponsorship deal with their main rival.
making an appearance at the Nike store on the Champs-Elysées this Friday. Get it, peeps. BONUS: Here's a Babolat print spot featuring Rafa, A-Rod and Kim Clijsters from the latest issue of TENNIS.
- Kei Nishikori will be ready for Roland Garros. The Japanese baller had to forfeit his opening round match in Rome last week after suffering from kidney stones. Via his FB page: Hi everyone, just wanted to give you a little update. I went back to Japan to get a second opinion from a Japanese doctor last Saturday. After some examinations and more treatment from the doctors here in Tokyo, I am feeling better and I am ready to play the French Open. Had my first practice today in Tokyo and I am leaving Japan tomorrow to join my coaching team in Paris and start preparing for the French Open.
- Tomas Berdych + Marcos Baghdatis take to the streets of Nice.
- I'd like to wish all the best to Ken Rosewall who was hospitalized after becoming ill during the Rome Masters last week. Though the exact cause is unclear, the Australian media was reporting the tennis legend may have suffered a stroke.
- TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC: Arnold Schwarzenegger had another baby mama; Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld is the new face of Miu Miu; stateside The X Factor is ramping up(front); Steven Tyler tried to go gay while an NBA exec has come out all the way; so what's with this Bamboo Ceiling?; the trailer for "X-Men: First Class" fucking rocks; and since it's Frenchie time here's a last little tid bit: First Lady Carla Bruni may be preggers. BOOM.
[Photo(s): TENNIS, InStyle Russia, Credit Suisse]