- Novak Djokovic + Gael Monfils guest star in DJ Martin Solveig's new video for his single 'Hello' which was partly shot in Court Philippe Chatrier at Roland Garros. Fantastic Frenchie record producer and DJ Bob Sinclar also makes an appearance as Solveig's opponent.
- “Now I have to run around and be nice to everybody," said Marat Safin about his current role as a Russian tennis official. He also had some words for his sister, Dinara, who's been troubled by a herniated disc in her back. "I think she needs to rest six months and think about the future," SexGawd says of his sister. “Don’t play two weeks here and two weeks there and get [re-]injured.”
- Steve Tignor offer his thoughts on the Fedal dominance at the Slams and wonders aloud how many more each baller will win - and who will end up with the most when all is said and done.
- Enough with the injury talk and just play ball says Peter Bodo.
- Fierce Tennis gave me serious lulz with its fantastic take on Maria Sharapova's decision to play doubles with Yanina Wickmayer at the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford. Angry grrrls.
- With all the talk of Fernando Verdasco + Feliciano Lopez's boat and beach bromance, it's strange to see Nando going it alone. Trouble in paradise, perhaps? But no worries, his better half was 'uncovered' by the ATP though not in the way you would really like. Ah, well.
- Juan Martin del Potro purchased a road in his hometown of Tandil connecting two recently purchased lands, which caused a rift with some of the town's residents. The U.S. Open champ, who's at the Mayo Clinic getting a check up on his wrist, confirmed the news via Twitter but said the move will keep the tourists away from his home.
t-shirt to celebrate Spain's first EVAH World Cup win!
UPDATE - I thought this piece of news would be an interesting tidbit to pass along: Stanislas Wawrinka will now be coached by Peter Lundgren. His past pupils include, of course, Roger Federer and most recently Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov. His reason for taking on the veteran Swiss?