Tuesday, September 29, 2009
- Thoughts go out to Sam Querrey who needed emergency surgery on his right forearm after falling through a glass table. The US Open Series champ was sitting on the table and, according to his agent John Tobias, was leaning forward to tie his shoe when the glass shattered cutting his arm. He'll be out 4-6 weeks essentially ending his season. "im gonna fight the good fight :)... back home to santa monica in the morning" Sammie said via Twitter today. [TENNIS' Ticker]
- A hobbled Boris Becker and his pregnant wife of 5 months, Lilly, took in Oktoberfest in Munich. The tennis legend is recovering from a recent hip surgery.
- Maria Sharapova, who has returned to her old serving ways in Tokyo, will be touring South America for a series of exos (read: CASH COWS) from November 29th - December 4th. The matches will feature the 3-time Grand Slammer facing off against Argentine Gisela Dulko, her conqueror at Wimbledon. Talk about a girlie glamfest. I can just imagine all the wardrobe changes. *green with envy*
- Could the boy's game use a little more roughing around the edges? Steve Tignor thinks so.
- HCFoo is covering the Malaysian Open for her tennis blog and grabbed an interview with Fernando Verdasco. She was quick to apologize to the Spaniard for accidentally calling him "Feli" the nickname of his compatriot Feliciano Lopez. Good to see Nando take it so well...or did he?