Since there's been so much tennis news to cover recently (more than one man with two hands can handle alone), I felt a quick roundup was in order. And by no means is this an exhaustive list:
- SI's Jon Wertheim's US Open seed reports for the boys + ladies are up...and so are mine!
- Rafa takes in Mamma Mia!, gets a shot with Kimmie Clijsters
- ReRe featured on cover and inside story of Hamptons Magazine
- Dani jumps ship, lands with adidas and will work with Sven Groeneveld + Darren Cahill in the brand's baller development program
- Check out The New York Observer's US Open coverage - good stuff
- A-Rod calls TIU's Twitter policy for US Open "lame"; visited David Letterman this past week; Q&A with Straight Sets; spotted locking lips with Brooklyn; has a fan in RHONY's Bethenny Frankel
- Arthur Ashe Kids' Day was a smash
- Nando + Wozzi are Pilot Pen champs
- Gonzo does Mason's meet-and-greet
- What's in a name or initials? Ask RF. Oh, and check out his interview with Gimel for CBS.
- Word has it US Open Series winner Elena is officially a New Yorker.
Also, today is the last day to enter the Dick's Sporting Goods DtL Reader Giveaway to win a $100 gift card to the retailer. The winner will be announced tomorrow.
Enjoy the US Open everyone!!!
PS - Thanks Nirali for your tips.
UPDATE: I totally forgot to mention the official baller party for this year's US Open sponsored by Heineken and held at Skyline Studios. I guess it slipped my mind because no one aside from Venus Williams, Tommy Robredo, James Blake, and Bethanie Mattek-Sands managed to show face. Maybe the USTA should consider making it a mandatory event for the tours. Just a thought.
(image via Hamptons Magazine)