I hope everyone had a great holiday last week - I sure did. Not only did I get a chance to prepare for the big day but I also gave myself time to reflect on the past year of tennis, blogging, and everything in between.
And now I'm ready for the 2009 season begin - I mean really ready. There are so many story lines waiting to be told including:
* Can top baller Rafael Nadal continue the momentum from his sparkling and historic 2008 season and remain in the top spot?
* Will Andy Murray's off-season training intensive in Miami help the Brit baller breakthrough to his first Grand Slam title?
* Will Roger Federer finally break Pete Sampras' record of 14 major titles?
* Can Novak Djokovic build off his Masters Cup win and add to his lone Grand Slam title?
* Will we see Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian, James Blake (and to some extent Andy Roddick) be replaced in the top echelon by the likes of Juan Martin del Potro, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, and Ernests Gulbis?
THE LADY BALLERS
* Will Jelena Jankovic's stay in the WTA Penthouse be short-lived or will she earn her first major and hang out a little longer?
* Can Ana Ivanovic get her game back on track after a disappointing second half to 2008?
* Will Maria Sharapova's shoulder stay healed and can she regain her top form?
* Was Dinara Safina's 2008 breakthrough season an anomaly or a sign of greater success?
* Where will Svetlana Kuznetsova's game be after moving back home to mother Russia?
* Will the Sisters Sledge, Venus + Serena, continue to be add to their major title collections at this latter part of their careers?
* Will tennis' couple of the moment, Anando, continue their lovefest or will it fizzle in '09?
* Can adidas overtake Nike as the sports brand with the best tennis fashions, designs, and sponsorships?
* Rafa's new Nike style - love it or leave it?
* Will it seem really strange to be playing major grass-court tennis indoors at Wimbledon when Centre Court's new roof debuts?
* Will Fed finally pop the question to the ever-patient Mirka or will he continue his love affair with himself?
* What will Shrieka's new 'do be for the season?
* Will anyone give a damn about Davis Cup + Fed Cup again or will they continue their perceived irrelevance?
* Will JJ put a cap on the glitter jar or bust it out again for '09?
* Are the major scheduling issues on both Tour calendars finally resolved or will we be subject to more bitching and complaining from the ballers?
* Can ReRe get any loopier and will we all watch her slowly dissolve into insanity?
So many questions I need answered! Oh well, the season is just about to start and the painful wait will be over.