* After raising $1.1 million during the Andy Roddick Charity Event last weekend, the former World No.1 will host the annual Rock n' Racquets event tonight Louisville, Kentucky. The event, which also benefits the Andy Roddick Foundation, will feature US Open champ Serena Williams, American John Isner, and Dane Caroline Wozniacki and make additional stops in Columbia, SC on December 13 and Knoxville, TN on December 14. Hmmm - how's that hamstring injury doing, ReRe?
* The LTA is warning young Brit ballers to watch what they do online especially on social networking sites or risk having their funding withdrawn. Players are being asked to review their internet content and delete anything that may be regarded as “controversial” after two ballers, Naomi Broady + David Rice, were found to be too explicit and in breach of their contract with the LTA in 2007; they subsequently had their funding taken away. Great - that's like cutting off my oxygen. You're killing me LTA!
* Frenchie racquet and stringing manufacturer Tecnifibre has re-launced their website in celebration of Fernando Verdasco's Davis Cup heroics last season.
* Speaking of the Spaniard: Not only did they pose for ANOTHER photo at ANOTHER Real Madrid match, but Anando were also caught on video leaving the match together. Word of advice: you'll get mobbed by the stalkeratti if you make all your entrances and exits public - unless that's what you want. (Thanks Tessa!)
* The Tennis Chick is pissed (Kanye style) at the USTA and TENNIS mag and she's not gonna take it anymore!
* TENNIS's Tom Perotta lists his 10 most intriguing commodities for ESPN and whether to buy or sell. Biggest surprise buy? Nicole Vaidisova. Biggest surprise sell? Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. I think I'll find myself a better portfolio manager...
* A big "Happy Birthday!" in advance to veteran Swiss lady baller Patty Schnyder, who turns the big 3-0 this Sunday
* Wimbledon has their own line of tennis gear out and the elegant High Street Racer Tank ($48) + Flounce Skirt ($39) are definitely tops. The tank features a beautiful racer back and v-neck wrap front while skirt has contrast detailing and an elastic waistband. The outfit also comes in white for those summer hitting sessions. *sigh*
* Roger Rasheed on the Bernard Tomic controversy via Tennisreporters.net: "From Tennis Australia's perspective, it is very hard to take control of a family and say this is what you can and can't do with your child. But what you can do is say, 'You know what? We can't be involved with this situation' This is how we play the game, this comes under our code of conduct and we can't show this message to the other kids going round Australia, that we are prepared to accept this type of behavior'."
(images eonline.com, tenniswarehouse.com)