It's hard to imagine the US Open is right around the corner and it's coming fast! I think I'm still recovering from my Olympic hangover - oy.
In any case, here are some quick hits about the year's final Grand Slam:
- US Open seeds announced - Rafael Nadal + Ana Ivanovic are named top seeds. This is the Spaniards first turn as the top baller at a Slam while Ana will try to erase memories of her first top seeding debacle from this season's Wimbledon.
- US Open Soho - A US Open-themed pop-up store is launching at 129 Mercer St. in Soho, NYC (above). The shop will sell equipment, t-shirts, games, etc. by T.A. Davis and will open this Friday, August 22nd. If you're coming to town, check it out!
- Up close and personal with A-Rod - Andy Roddick will be making a personal appearance at the Lacoste shop located inside Macy's Herald Square on Thursday, August 21 from 6 - 7:30pm.
- Shop 'til you drop - Polo Ralph Lauren is launching its 2008 US Open Collection "along with a new system that allows shoppers to purchase gear via cell phone. All that's necessary is a camera phone or hand-held device loaded with software that can read the black-and-white symbols known as Quick Response (QR) codes." The Collection includes the usual suspects: shirts, shorts, skirts but hopefully no skorts - ewww.
- Maria takes Manhattan - Maria Sharapova may have pulled out of the US Open but she's still making her way to the Big Apple to launch her limited edition Canon PowerShot Diamond Collection at New York's South Street Seaport. Shrieka will also debut her latest Canon commericial entitled "Fans". The event is set of for tomorrow night.