- NetJets roundup: The historical clash between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras on Monday gained tons of press around the blogsphere. Check out the write-ups by New York Mag's Daily Intelligencer, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, NBC Sports, TENNIS mag, Tennis Week, Peter Bodo, Tennis Diary, Tennis Served Fresh, Kenneth in the (212), and Deadspin.
- Indian Wells: The first Masters Series of the year for the men and another Tier 1 tourney for the ladies begins today at the Pacific Life Open. Check out the draws here and Nate Cunningham's rundown of the men's draw for Tennis Diary. For viewers in the US, the event will be broadcast on the Fox Sports Network this year beginning Saturday, March 15.
- Olympics 2008 news: Though rumors that Roger Federer may skip this summer's Olympics in Beijing haven't been confirmed, another baller has decided not to make the trip: Andy Roddick. The American wants "to focus on preparing for the U.S. Open by playing at the hard-court Legg Mason Tennis Classic." Elena Dementieva, however, is determined to represent Russia at the Games saying "[t]hat's why I'm not playing Fed Cup this year. For me [the Olympics is] the most important tournament of the year." In any case, celebrity athletes competing in China won't receive special treatment in the Olympic Village according to Beijing officials.
- Feeling lazy: Have you ever dreamed of having your own personal ball kid at the park? Well, here's the Playmate Super Deluxe Ball Mower, the next best thing (though the ballers next to you might not enjoy the noise):
- Keeping it in Czech: Martina Navratilova regained her Czech citzenship in January, 30 years after defecting to the US and becoming an American citizen.
- Making the list: Maria "Shriek"apova, who was spotted on the red carpet for friend Camilla Belle's 10,000 BC movie premiere, was named to Vogue's 10 Best Dressed of the Week list for the Lanvin double-layered chiffon dress she wore to the event.
- The worst is over? Apparently, all has not been well in the Hewitt household - who knew? In any case, the marriage is back on track according to New Idea magazine.
- Opinions matter: Though Doug Adler is seeing signs of a Federer decline after his recent losses, Roger begs to differ and so does TENNIS.com's Tom Perrotta.
- OFF-TOPIC ALERT: Congrats to Madonna for entering the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Monday night and for this great Steven Klein shot for Interview mag - love it.
(image via PageSix.com)