- The Sisters speak: Venus + Serena were asked at a press conference for the Sony Ericsson Open about father Richard's controversial remarks on racism in tennis. Older sister V said, "I'm definitely not here to discuss that. I'll talk about Eleven (her clothing company), tennis, my recent graduation. . ." while ReRe responded, "The best person to answer that is my dad. I'm just here to play tennis and stay focused on that."
- A triplet: Roger Federer won three ATP Awards including player of the year, sportsmanship, and fan favorite.
- A pair of fives: Though we haven't even touched a grain of clay on the tour, Wimbledon is getting more some press than Roland Garros these days. The All-England Club just announced a pair of 5-year agreements: with Fila as official footwear licensee and with the BBC for broadcast coverage rights.
- Saying goodbye again: Memoir-writing Monica Seles had a short stay on Dancing with the Stars. The left-handed (and footed) tennis legend and her partner Jonathan Roberts were booted from the show this week.
- Dream come true? Andy Murray says he actually dreamt he won a Grand Slam. The 20-year old said, "I actually dreamed for the first time in my life about winning a Grand Slam, actually winning match point at a Grand Slam, about two days ago. I kind of woke up and now I feel like I'm ready to go on and play on and get deep into the slams now. So, God, I want to win it."
- TENNIS mag's editor-in-chief James Martin gives his "A-Z" for Indian Wells + Miami. What caught my eye? R of Rafa: the Spaniard will be blogging exclusively for the mag's site starting tomorrow!
(image via Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)