(image courtesy of Jezzer Johnson)- The Tennis Channel pulls another coup by securing the rights to feature the 3 exhibition matches between living legends Pete Sampras and Roger Federer. The matches scheduled to air are the meetings in Seoul, Korea . Up next is the Nov. 22 match in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, then the Nov. 23 meeting in Macao, China.
- Tennis Diary states their case for why Rafael Nadal has yet to play well at the US Open. Our guess: he's worn his body to shreads by the Open - period.
- Mercedes will be ending its 11-year sponsorship of the ATP tour to broaden its portfolio to include golf, football, and get this, equestrian activities. Tennis, you're losing out to horses - get a grip.
- Talking Federer: Talk show host Charlie Rose discusses all things Roger Federer with commentary by Rod Laver, John McEnroe, Jim Courier, Rafael Nadal, Bud Collins, and of course Fed himself. Good stuff.
- Prince is entering the gaming world by producing Wii Tennis racquets
- An Olympic gold medal vs. a Grand Slam championship: the players weigh in
- Andy Roddick launched the Andy Roddick Youth Tennis program this week. About 60 students receive two hours of tennis instruction and one hour of the "Living Smart/Living Strong" Development and Guidance Program, led by OLLU Education faculty. Learn more about the program by visiting OLLU.edu.
- Peter Bodo asks: how DID Serbia become a tennis superpower?