(image courtesy of Green Putty in My Armpit)
- Reebok recycles: Reebok has taken old tennis balls and made special edition pump sneakers out of them. We like this idea, though we wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. We're reminded, though, of the way women sell their hair to make wigs...we get it!
- We were sad to see Rafael Nadal leave the US Open so early, but was it his opponent or is his schedule to blame?
- World No. 1 Roger Federer will be playing Davis Cup at the end of this month against the Czech Republic. And, the media lovefest continues for the future G.O.A.T. - though some aren't ready to give him that just yet.
- You cannot be serious: Aussie reality TV personality Mark Philippoussis is still targeting a return to the pro tennis circuit. Estimated time of arrival: January 2008, Australian Open.
- "Tennis is NOT dead!" announces The New Republic. Wow, it's good to be in the know...
- We love lists, especially from SI's Jon Wertheim.