Arthur Ashe Stadium, USTA National Tennis Center
- Go green: Wilson Racquet Sports is following the green trend has launched a new Green Initiative that will work to develop and implement environmentally responsible products and manufacturing procedures across the racquet brand’s major product categories.
- Eye candy: A clip of a bunch of shirtless male tennis players for your viewing pleasure...
- SI's Jon Wertheim profiles the rivalry between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal and compares them to the days of Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova saying, "Classic rivals Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova became fast friends. Once, before they met in a Grand Slam final, one of them had her period, and together they scoured the locker room for a tampon. While Federer and Nadal aren't quite at that point yet (and not simply because neither menstruates), unmistakable warmth passes between them." That's T.M.I - too much info, Mr. Wertheim.
- Everything you ever wanted to know (and a few things you probably didn't care to know - favorite breakfast cereal?) about Nicole Vaidisova
- The USTA and JP Morgan Chase bank have signed a 5-year worldwide promotional partnership agreement to be the premiere sponsor of the US Open which includes naming rights to the electronic line calling challenge system and "Chase Review" branded replays on television broadcasts and on in-stadium video boards.
- Patrick McEnroe gives New York magazine his "Nine Rules for Watching the US Open". Our personal fave: 3. Watch the players from behind. That's never a problem for us...
- Checkmate: Chess bloggers wonder aloud: Did chess help Roger Federer?
- Tennis heads staying at The Ritz-Carlton in Cancun can now visit The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center, a premier sporting facility offering world-class tennis programs all year round. Services range from private lessons and morning clinics, to group tournaments and corporate socials. Custom-designed classes using Drysdale-style and technical instruction take place at the three outdoor hard courts overlooking the Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea.
- Busted: Is TENNIS magazine guilty of comment boosting on their blog (posting fake comments to boost readership numbers)? Tsk, tsk...