Thursday, August 30, 2007
+ THURSDAY NETCORDS: Fed, Nole, Alona, Martina the black widow...Rafa's injuries worry, Lleyton is ready and more
- Pulling a fast one: Is the hardcourt surface at the US Open faster than the Wimbledon grass? The debate rages on...
- Far and Wide, an AP news blog, reports on the gender-biased fashion news coverage from the AP's reporting on the US Open. Mentions: Women -1077, Men - 0. Clearly they need to start tracking Down the Line's! consistent coverage of the Open...we LOVE the men over here.
- Is Rafa's playing style catching up to him? Bonnie D.(esimone) Ford of ESPN opens up the conversation.
- Ready to go: Darren "Killer" Cahill, part-time ESPN broadcaster and Lleyton Hewitt's fill-in coach at the US Open, says the Aussie's game is in good form and he's up to challenging the top players - namely Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer. "...his game at the moment is in terrific form. His practice sessions have been great leading into the US Open. He's been working hard the last six or seven months and obviously his form in the last three months is getting back to where he's challenging the top players in the world."
- Notorious NY gossiper Page Six has called out TENNIS magazine for labeling Martina Hingis a "black widow" after injuries plagued past boyfriends including Radek Stepanek, Magnus Norman, and Justin Gimelstob. Conspiracy or coincidence???
- Get to know Alona Bondarenko