(image courtesy of Katie Tegtmeyer)
- Yawnsville: We agree with Tennis-X - the US Open Series has been in a slumber even though it's hitting the FOURTH week. The action heats up on the men's side, though, with The Rogers Cup in Montreal - anyone want to pick against a Federer/Nadal final?
- Looney tune: Nikolay Davydenko, all wrapped up in a betting scandal, vehemently denies the allegations and states he's "flabbergasted" along with his handlers Sylvester, Bugs Bunny, and the Wiley Coyote.
- Update on the Grafassi's: Fresh off the news that the dynamic (retired) duo will be featured in a new ad for Louis Vuitton and opening a Fairmont resort hotel in Idaho, word has come that legends Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi will be opening ANOTHER resort in Costa Rica. Price tag: a cool $800 million. Got cash?
- Actress/singer/mom/designer? Bec Hewitt, supportive wife to Aussie hothead Lleyton Hewitt, is launching Bec Kidz, a line of children's wear and says, ""It's something I've always wanted to do."
- PHOTO OP: Do they realize she's not playing? Maybe they meant S-H-A-R-A-P-O-V-A. (image courtesy of Peter Bodo's Tennisworld)